Here are the top five reasons you should use a professional when buying or selling a home in 2018:
1. Paperwork. There can be a lot of paperwork involved in a transaction, from homeowners documents to disclosures to title work to a variety of other things. We’re trained to handle that paperwork and look out for and include anything that’s in our client’s best interest.
2. Experience. We at the Mountain Coast Group have a lot of experience. Not just experience in terms of years worked in the industry, but in terms of the number of transactions we’ve handled and families we’ve helped. We’ve faced numerous difficult situations that we’ve been able to overcome. With a real estate professional, you also get the benefit of our errors and omissions insurance. Just like you’d want to use a licensed, bonded, and insured plumber to fix your sink, you’ll want a licensed, bonded, and insured agent to handle one of the largest financial transactions you’ll ever make.
3. Negotiations. Along with our continued education, we also attend negotiation classes. Sometimes there are things to say in the middle of a transaction that would be beneficial, and sometimes there are things to say that wouldn’t be beneficial. In my experience as an agent, you come to realize when to say certain things and when not to, and we’re always looking out for your best interests. Using a real estate professional will help you keep the leverage in your corner.
4. Pricing. You need to know where inventory is still low in our market and what would be a good price for your home. You don’t want to price it too high so you scare buyers away, and you don’t want to price it too low and risk selling it under market value. A real estate professional can pull the market numbers and interpret that data to help you put the best price on your home.
5. Understanding the market. There can be a lot of confusing jargon to deal with, and a real estate professional can help you understand that jargon.
If you have any questions about how a real estate professional can help you or you’re thinking about buying or selling a home soon, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d be glad to help you.