The rule of thumb in getting a home ready to put on the market for sale is to price it right and have it look great. Here are some suggestions and ideas to improve your Grand Junction home’s appearance and help you to prepare to sell it faster.
- Remove clutter from each room to visually enlarge the room.
- Create a positive mood. Turn on all lights, day or night, and install higher wattage light bulbs to show your home brightly.
- Put family photos in storage.
- Improve traffic flow through every room by removing unnecessary furniture.
- Remove all smoke and pet odors
- Microwave a small dish of vanilla 20 minutes before a showing and place it in an out of the way place.
- Kitchen and Bathrooms should be spotlessly clean
- Expand counter space by removing small appliances like toasters etc.
- Organize your closets, remove unnecessary items and put them in storage.
- Re-caulk the tub if the caulk is not sparkling white
- Replace shower curtains and keep them clean
- Keep the yard mowed and raked at all times
- Use flowering plants to dress up the yard, walkway and patio
- Get a new doormat
- Putty over and paint any nail holes or other mishaps in the walls.
- Paint all interior walls a neutral color to brighten the home and make it look bigger.
If you have questions about the value of your Grand Junction home or need any additional advice to get your home ready to sell, call your local Grand Junction Realtor to help you out.
By: Andrea Haitz, CEO
Keller Williams CO West / Diva Team
2474 Patterson Road, Ste 100, Grand Junction, CO 81505