Colorado Mesa University Living In and Around Colorado Mesa Univesity
Nestled within Grand Junction, Colorado Mesa University is the quintessential college town with a strong link to the frontier West. With the perfect mix of an urban lifestyle and Colorado’s famous rural beauty, residents have their pick of activities, jobs, and opportunity. Colorado Mesa University sits within the largest metropolitan area of western Colorado.
Most travelers associate Colorado with cold winters, tall mountains, and skiing, but as Colorado Mesa University sits along the western edge of the state, the climate often feels clear and dry, the geology tinged with desert hues and the spectacular mesas for which the area received its name. The city sits around 4,500 feet above sea level and is surrounded by high desert country.
The Lifestyle: Relaxation, Excitement, and Everything In-Between
It’s no surprise that residents of Colorado Mesa University enjoy outdoor activities, but the urban feel of downtown features a wealth of modern dining, retail and nightlife opportunities from the perspective of a beautiful Western locale. Cowboy hats and country music are as popular as coffee shops and lattes.
- Biking For Miles: The region around Colorado Mesa University boasts hundreds of miles of biking trails and terrific opportunities for anyone with a bike. From serious routes like the 142 mile Kokopelli trail to short loops that surround the city, residents can make the most of this popular pastime.
- Hitting the Fairways: The weather of Colorado Mesa University offers some spectacular options for a round of golf since the warm weather often extends into the fall season ensuring many months of perfect weather for a tee-off. Just a few of the local golf courses include Redlands Mesa, Adobe Creek National, and Chipeta Public Golf.
- A New Restaurant Every Night: Delicious dining options cover the downtown area of town with little local spots like Barons on Colorado for beer, wine, and spirits to the trendy 626 Rood for upscale dining. Check out a few of our restaurant suggestions below for a fantastic meal any day of the week:
Colorado Mesa University’s Real Estate Market
Not surprisingly, the area around Colorado Mesa University features several apartments that accommodate students and young couples, but there are also opportunities for homeownership in houses that range from classic one-story ranch style homes to modern, multi-story homes constructed in the last decade and a half. The region’s real estate market has been a hotbed of activity in the last several years and new residents have had their pick of established neighborhoods and new communities around the metropolitan area.
Featured Neighborhoods in Colorado Mesa University
Appleton Estates: An exclusive area with a vast array of differently sized homes, Appleton is home to over 3,700 residents and is centrally located.
Downtown: Historic downtown is the best place to live if you’d like to live near the cozy nightlife and fine dining scene of the city. Lofts built in historic buildings share streets with bistros and trendy shopping opportunities.
You’ll Enjoy: Experiencing the Best of the West
With a centuries-long history of Native American settlement, the area around Colorado Mesa University is rich with the history of many peoples from North America and Europe. First settled by Europeans in the 1700s and 1800s, it took centuries for the new residents of the region to tame the Wild West’s spirit and create a welcoming and livable community.
Distinguished Schools in Colorado Mesa University
- Scenic Elementary School | K – 5 | Rating: 9 | 451 West Scenic Drive
- Appleton Elementary School | PK – 5 | Rating: 8 | 2358 H Road
- Broadway Elementary School | PK – 5 | Rating: 8 | 2248 Broadway
- New Emerson School | K – 5 | Rating: 8 | 2660 Unaweep Ave
- Pear Park Elementary School | PK – 5 | Rating : 8 | 432 30 1/4 Ave
Not unexpectedly, students of college age will want to investigate attending Colorado Mesa University, but the state of Colorado also offers several diverse educational opportunities, like the Air Force Academy, which operates out of Colorado Springs.
Perfect For Future Business Leaders & Outdoor Enthusiasts
One of the best features of living in Colorado Mesa University is that the region supports a diverse workforce, many important industries, and families of all types. From families who wish to experience the splendor of western Colorado to budding entrepreneurs who want a fresh start in a growing Colorado region, Colorado Mesa University offers the perfect jumping-off point for an invigorating lifestyle.
Colorado Mesa University, CO Utilities
- Power | City of Grand Junction
- Water | City of Grand Junction
- Internet | Colorado Mesa University
- Cable & Phone | Comcast
The Workforce: Skilled, Modern & Growing
Western Colorado’s economy has experienced a recent revival and growth as companies of all kinds have relocate to the state to enjoy the climate, the people, and a friendly atmosphere for business. According to financial publication “Forbes,” the region ranked highly on several important lists like the cost of doing business and the best places for new business and careers.
Major industries in the region include energy, agriculture, and tourism, and the area also boasts several companies dedicated to green and eco-friendly operations like St. Mary’s Hospital & Regional Medical Center and Alpine Bank Grand Junction. Internationally renowned companies also make their home in the region, such as defense contractor Halliburton.
Why Live Here: Opportunity, Grandeur & Excitement
Witnessing the sun rise on a clear, warm summer day in Colorado Mesa University gives you the sense of grand wonder that only Colorado can provide. With a citizenry dedicated to the outdoors, healthy living, and enjoying all that the state has to offer, Colorado Mesa University is a perfect place to experience life’s grandest opportunities in The Centennial State.
- Indian Road Ind 10
- Keiths Add 8
- Mobley 6
- City Of Grd Jct 6
- Water's Edge 6
- Grand Junction Nw Downtown 5
- Sherwood Addition 5
- Other 4
- Elmwood Plaza 4
- Cedar Terrace 4
- The Brick Yard @ Wellington Sub 4
- North River 4
- Grand Junction Ne Downtown 4
- Tula 3
- East Main St Add 3
- Arcadia Village 3
- Villa Del Oro 3
- Falls, The 3
- Mesa Gardens 3
- Ridgewood Heights 3