De Beque Living in De Beque: Real Estate, Amenities, Utilities and More!
DeBeque is a quaint and historic community located just 25 miles east of Grand Junction, CO in the heart of Mesa County. This beautiful western town is a perfect blend of old world charm and modern family-friendly attractions. The town itself consists of a small grid and features a historic downtown complete with a tavern, quaint town hall, schoolhouse, and several commercial buildings. If you’re looking to for a Western style life, De Beque, CO is ideal.
The Lifestyle: An Outdoor Paradise
De Beque, CO is the ideal place for outdoor lovers. You’ll enjoy spectacular western Colorado landscapes paired with a mild climate all year long. Whether your interest is hiking or biking, horseback riding or fishing, De Beque is perfectly situated for easy access to thousands of acres of unspoiled wilderness among Colorado’s rolling hills and picturesque canyons. Visit the Little Bookcliffs Wild Horse Range for an unparalleled adventure through 36,000 plus acres Colorado beauty. Forget Wal-Mart, in De Beque you’ll be able to shop and dine at a variety of locally-owned and operated businesses. You may even want to consider starting your own!
De Beque, CO’s Real Estate Market
De Beque, CO is an excellent place to buy a home no matter your budget. The town sits upstream, in a small ranching valley along the north side of the Colorado River. Whether you want a downtown home with a riverfront view, or a sprawling ranch estate on the outskirts of town, De Beque has got what you need at an exceptionally affordable price!
De Beque is currently designated as the only Wild Horse Sanctuary City in the West, and the town undertakes many projects in conjunction with the Bureau of Land Management, who controls much of the sweeping landscapes surrounding the town. What this means for many outdoor-loving home buyers is next-door access, often in your backyard, of untouched, pristine wilderness.
Architecture in western Colorado mirrors the surrounding nature. You’ll find custom built log homes, houses with vaulted ceilings with oversized windows, and sprawling single-story ranch homes. Due to this area’s abundance of sunny days, many homes have already implemented environmentally-friendly heating and cooling systems such as solar panels, in-floor radiant heating, and underground geothermal loop systems.
Featured Neighborhoods in De Beque, CO
- Historic District: The gorgeous downtown neighborhood offers charming homes with front porches and a sense of small town community. Western-styled homes dot the town landscape, mixed with boutique shops and quaint park district. Families will love being within walking distance of the city’s excellent education facilities.
- Southside: Just south of downtown De Beque and on the other side of the Colorado River is an excellent variety of homes tucked along the region’s various waterways. You’ll enjoy unparalleled privacy in this quieter neighborhood, while still having easy access to city amenities and I-70, the main throughway connecting Grand Junction with Denver.
You’ll Enjoy: An Active Lifestyle on the Frontier
De Beque, CO is brimming with energy, with an excellent mix of outdoor possibilities. Enjoy daily life in a small town community, and then take a weekend escape into your backyard for an exciting wilderness adventure. Warm days and cool breezes compliment any activity most days of the year.
- Exciting Events. Each year in August, the city hosts “Wild Horse Days“, an event attended by both city residents and visitors from throughout the country. This exciting annual multi-day festival includes a parade, rodeo, and a mix of events for people of all ages.
- Did we say mention the outdoors? Take a hiking trip to see The Goblins, an unusual collection of eroded sandstone shapes just west of the De Beque. Or, enjoy a picnic with family and an afternoon fishing at nearby Island Acres State Park. From camping to horseback riding, there is no shortage of things to do and activities to enjoy for the person who can’t sit still and loves being outside.
Schools in De Beque, CO
- De Beque Elementary School | Grades PK-6 | 730 Minter Ave, De Beque, CO 81630
- De Beque Undivided High School | Grades 7-12 | 730 Minter Ave, De Beque CO 81630
Other options for parents is to send children to nearby Grand Junction and its charter schools- such as Caprock Academy at 640 24 1/2 Rd in Grand Junction, CO 81505. De Beque’s closeness to Boulder and Denver also offers excellent opportunities for post-high school education at the University of Colorado and University of Denver respectfully.
Perfect for: Families and Outdoor Enthusiasts
With their close proximity to so much public wilderness land, De Beque’s neighborhoods are ideal for outdoor lovers. Its small town charm and strong sense of community also make it an ideal place to raise a family. You’ll have tons of to do to keep the entire family occupied!
De Beque, CO Utilities
The Workforce: Expanding Local Business, With Big City Opportunity
Because De Beque is in the midst of town expansion, now is an excellent time to relocate. Whether you want to start your own small business in this emerging town, or get in on part of the action, there’s plenty of opportunities within the city itself. However, the larger city of Grand Junction is less than thirty miles to the west. Top employers include St. Mary’s Hospital and, thanks to surging demand for natural gas, Halliburton.
Why Live Here: Wonderful Work and Life Balance
In Western Colorado, you get a high quality of life, small town communities, and a low cost of living with some of the country’s most striking natural backdrops.
- Other 104
- Redlands Mesa 47
- Smith Estates 35
- Mesa Estates 24
- Parachute Park 23
- Pinnacle Ridge Subdivision 21
- Spyglass Ridge Fil 2 20
- Walnut Estates 16
- Another Subdivision 15
- Wildewood Sub 15
- Spyglass 14
- Midlands Vil 13
- Area 27 12
- River Trail 12
- Halls Estate 12
- Adobe View North 12
- Double Creek Estates 11
- Heritage Heights 10
- Debeque Ridge 10
- Independence Ranch 10