Fruita Living in Fruita: Real Estate, Amenities, Utilities and More!
Welcome to Fruita, CO
In the vast Grand Valley of western Colorado about 20 miles from the Utah border, the city of Fruita, Colorado is a beautiful haven for people that are passionate about the majesty of the western United States. Fruita is ideal for people that love spending time in the great outdoors. With plenty of sunshine and lots of adventure waiting to be had, Fruita is an excellent place to buy a home if you want to enjoy the many splendors of Mother Nature.
The Lifestyle: Outdoor Adventure In Beautiful Weather
Fruita is a place for people that are energized by having fun outdoors. Activities like golfing, biking, and hiking are all very popular amongst residents of the area. With hot summers filled with mostly clear and partly cloudy days, Fruita is the perfect place to live if you do not like dealing with gloomy clouds or an excessive amount of rain or snow. From watching the powerful flow of the Colorado River to holding cookouts at Dan Williams Memorial Park, everyone can find something to do outside in Fruita that appeals to their passion.
Fruita, CO’s Real Estate Market
As a relatively small town, Fruita’s housing market consists mostly of single-family homes. There are many different varieties of houses depending on your living needs. From modest ranches to large multi-level homes with a heavy western influence, people with all types of budgets can be comfortable buying a home in Fruita. In keeping with the feel of the city itself, many of the homes in Fruita have outdoor spaces or porches which allow residents to enjoy the outdoors at all times.
Featured Neighborhoods in Fruita, CO
- Reed: As is the case with many neighborhoods in Fruita, the Reed area surrounds a park with the same name. Residents of the Reed area of Fruita have easy access to parks and Interstate 70, which runs through the city.
- Cotton Wood: Cotton Wood is centrally located off of K Road/Ottley Avenue, one of the major roads in the city of Fruita. Cotton Wood’s residents are close to several of the schools and community centers in the city.
- Prospect: Prospect is in the northwest part of Fruita. The neighborhood surrounds Prospector Park and is also close to Dan Williams Park and the Big Salt Walsh, a body of water that runs through the western area of Fruita.
You’ll Enjoy: A Huge Number Of Exciting Trails
Whether you prefer biking, walking, jogging, or even horseback riding, Fruita is the perfect place to live if you want to be able to tackle some great trails for adventure and recreation. Some of the city’s most notable trails include:
- Big Salt Wash Trailhead: This trailhead is located in the western part of town close to the Big Salt Wash, from which the trailhead gets its name. From the trailhead you can explore trails that take you down towards US-50, one of the most famous highways in the country.
- Fruita Paleo Area Trail: This trail takes visitors on a loop through one of the most important fossil sites in western Colorado where evidence of dinosaurs and other creatures that existed during the Jurassic age has been found by researchers.
- Devil’s Canyon Trail: Devil’s Canyon is just under 7 miles and is located near the McInnis Canyons National Conservation. Visitors can see some beautiful natural arches, rock formations, and lots of exciting wildlife.
Dining at a Glance
Fruita has so much to offer in the outdoor spectrum, but after a long hike or evening gazing at the spectacular sunsets, you need to enjoy a delicious meal. Fruita does not disappoint in this department. Take a look at a few of our favorites below:
Distinguished Schools in Fruita, CO
- Rim Rock Elementary School | Grades PK-5
- Fruita Middle School | Grades 6-7
- Fruita Monument High School | Grades 10-12
There are also some higher education opportunities available for people that live in Fruita. Colorado State University has a research center in Fruita. Colorado Mesa University is located in nearby Grand Junction, as is the Western Colorado Community College, which is itself a branch of Colorado Mesa University.
Perfect For: Those That Enjoy An Active Community
Besides the many outdoor trails and recreation areas that can be found in Fruita, the city is also home to many community festivals and gatherings. These events include the Fruita Fat Tire Festival for biking enthusiasts, the Mike The Headless Chicken Festival with a 5k run and live music, and the Fruita Fall Festival which includes dancing, baking contests, and dog races. Fruita’s robust Parks and Recreation department is always offering a range of activities for people of all ages to take part in.
Fruita, CO Utilities
The Workforce:Many Varied Opportunities
Fruita has many different kinds of jobs available for its residents. There are some great healthcare positions available at nearby facilities like the Grand Junction VA Medical Center and St. Mary’s Hospital. The major energy corporation Halliburton is another large employer in the area.
Why Live Here: A Great Community In The Wonder Of Nature
Festivals, trails, parks, lakes: all of these things are commonplace in Fruita. People that make their home in this western Colorado city will be extremely happy with the huge number of things to do and places to explore. Residents of all ages will enjoy the gorgeous mountain landscapes, sunny weather, and plethora of activities waiting for those that decide to make Fruita, CO their home.
- Pabco Industrial Park 19
- Double Creek Estates 12
- Aspen Village 11
- Adobe View North 7
- Other 6
- Village@Country Creek 4
- Brandon Estates 4
- Vista Valley 4
- Adobe Falls Fil 1 4
- Monument View Lake 4
- Christopher Estates 4
- Lucki Estates 3
- Comstock Estate 3
- Legacy 3
- Vintners Farm Subdivision 3
- Holly Pk Mh 2
- Horseshoe Ridge 2
- Orchard Val W 2
- Cottonwoods 2
- Orchard Ridge 2