Redlands Living in Redlands: Real Estate, Amenities, Utilities and More!
Welcome to Redlands, CO
Just 8 minutes north of the Colorado National Monument – one of the most stunning landscapes of the American West, Redlands is a family-oriented community in Mesa County. This close-knit little town has just over 8,500 residents and offers a life big in experiences. From hiking Andy’s Loop, biking through mountains, rock climbing, and fishing, to paddling your raft in Lake Corn, camping, and winter skiing, the unique landscape and seasonal climate in Redlands enable residents to enjoy unlimited outdoor activities all year long. Redlands and its surrounding neighborhoods are home to many community and cultural events. Whether you prefer to venture on a wine tasting journey at one of the many vineyards in the nearby valley, root for your baseball team, or spending the evening listening to the Grand Junction Symphony just 4 minutes from town, you’ll find plenty to do with your family and friends.
The Lifestyle: Active & Involved
While outdoor enjoyment is a favorite pastime during the afternoons, evenings bring out the star gazers and a variety of entertainment options from dining out to enjoying another well-planned annual festival.
- Swimming: From Memorial Day through Labor Day Weekend, children enjoy the waterslide and swimming at the Lincoln Park Moyer Pool. If you prefer to swim year round, you can frequent the Orchard Mesa Community Center Pool.
- Festivals: In addition to all the outdoors activities, there’s always planned community events all year long, including the fun, annual Southwest Arbor Fest every spring – where chili and salsa competitions reign, adults try the beer tasting event, kids love to watch the jalapeno eating contest, and everyone enjoys the live music.
- Golfing: If you enjoy hitting the links, there’s two pristine golf courses – Tiara Rado and Redlands Mesa.
Redlands, CO’s Real Estate Market
Whether your dream home in Colorado is a spot away from it all on a 15-acre secluded wooded property, in a close-knit development where you can enjoy a backyard BBQ with your neighbors, or part of a multi-residential complex where you have the safety and amenities provided by a property management company, Redlands has real estate for everyone’s taste ~ including condos, duplex/triplex, multi-family, single family, and townhomes.
Featured Neighborhoods in Redlands
- Bluff West Estates
- Canyon Creek
- Country Club Park
- Tiara Rado
- Monument Village
- Village Way
You’ll Enjoy: Annual Events
- There’s lots of organized community sports for both kids and adults to either watch or participate in, including: baseball, softball, pickleball, volleyball, and flag football.
- The Colorado River State Park: You can enjoy picnics and fishing all along this park that makes its way through Corn Lake, the Wildlife Area, and then to Connected Lakes in Redlands and on toward Fruita. There’s a trail system that winds through tall trees along the Colorado River.
- The Sky’s the Limit: Colorado’s natural beauty is enjoyed with just a pair of hiking boots, a mountain bike, a fishing road, or a kayak or simply a clear view of the sky. The community planners of Redlands take star gazing seriously and when they developed the town’s streets, they made it a point to maintain the darkness of the night sky to the greatest extent possible by reducing street lighting.
- The Pork N Hops Festival: Every September, you can enjoy this 2-day weekend festival at Lincoln Park, replete with food competitions, live bands, and artists selling their wares.
- Jingle Bell 5K Run: Though it’s called a run, lots of families sign up for this annual event and opt to walk the 3.125 miles together. Whether you walk or run, you’ll want to be sure to wear bells and your best Santa suit!
Distinguished Schools in Redlands
- Scenic Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 451 West Scenic Drive
- Redlands Middle School | Grades 6 – 8 | 2200 Broadway
- Fruita Monument High School | Grades 9 – 12 | 1102 Wildcat Avenue
There’s three colleges nearby: Colorado Mesa University where students can earn a 4-year degree, Western Colorado Community College that offers 2-year programs, and IntelliTec College where many certificate programs are offered.
Perfect For: Families
While small children love the wide open spaces, organized playgrounds, and fun museums to explore, teenagers and college kids love the thrill of scaling the mountain, biking the trails, and rafting down in the Colorado river. Families enjoy the well-orchestrated community events and the opportunity – on any given day of the week – to see horned sheep roaming the terrain and eagles soaring high.
Redlands, CO Utilities
- City of Grand Junction | Water
- City of Grand Junction | Sewer
- City of Grand Junction | Trash
- City of Grand Junction | Irrigation Services
- AT&T | Phone
- Cabletv.com | Internet & Cable
The Workforce: Education, Tourism, & Healthcare
The Mesa County Public School system employs nearly 2600 workers in various professional, skilled, and general labor roles. The areas three healthcare facilities – St. Mary’s Hospital, the VA Medical Hospital, and the Community Hospital employ almost 3000 workers combined. Redlands also attracts new residents and visitors because of its breathtaking landscapes, wildlife, and wide open spaces. Skilled and experienced mountain climbers, hikers, rafting companies, and other outdoor enthusiasts have found employment working for others or launching their own wilderness-oriented companies in the area.
Why Live Here: The Sky’s the Limit
Nestled between two bigger cities – Grand Junction and Fruita, Redlands offers families everything they could hope for in a safe community in which to raise children. With top-notch schools and a small-town charm that keeps kids grounded and community-oriented, Redlands is where residents prefer the clear night sky to city lights and the sounds of wildlife and nature to sounds of screeching brakes and bumper-to-bumper traffic.
- Redlands Mesa 45
- Pinnacle Ridge Subdivision 21
- Redlands Mesa Peaks 10
- Independence Ranch 9
- Ridges The 9
- Independence Va 7
- Seasons, The 6
- South Rim 5
- River Terrace 5
- Panorama 5
- High Pointe Est 5
- Cobblestone Rid 5
- Vistas @ Tiara Rado 5
- Stone Canyon Ranch 4
- The Ridges 4
- Monument Valley 4
- Red Rocks Valley 4
- Fairway Villas 4
- Another Subdivision 3
- Monument Meadow 3