Whitewater Living in Whitewater: Real Estate, Amenities, Utilities and More!
Welcome to Whitewater, CO
Whitewater is an established, quaint residential community just minutes from Grand Junction and a stone’s throw from the spectacular sandstone canyons of the Colorado National Monument. It’s a charming and welcoming place to live, where individuals place great importance on their families, their happiness, and their well-being. Aptly named, Whitewater is conveniently located in the epicenter of Colorado’s whitewater rafting world – where residents and tourists alike gather to explore, take on, and experience all that the Colorado River and her adjoining lakes have to offer. Many families choose to make Whitewater their home not only for the rich and vibrant outdoor lifestyle that Colorado affords, but also because it’s town where local events, purposefully-planned activities, and seasonal festivals are just as popular as whitewater rafting. From local swimming pools, ice skating rinks, and movie theaters, to symphonies, wine tasting tours, all-day hikes, and picnics along the river, Whitewater seems to offer something quite special for every member of the family.
The Lifestyle: Active & Involved
From participating in a community-organized soccer, volleyball, baseball, or flag football game to taking the family rafting, fishing, or hiking on any given day of the week, residents of Whitewater are never at a loss for something to do.
- The Southwest Arbor Fest every spring is a fun-packed event for the whole family perhaps because it’s got all the ingredients of the ultimate festival – food, contests, music, and arts & crafts booths.
- Reeder Mesa Wines – voted the best winery in the valley for three years in a row, the owner of Reeder Mesa Wines only grows Riesling grapes.
- Feel like hitting some golf balls or playing a full round of golf? There’s the Tiara Rado or Redlands Mesa courses to frequent.
Whitewater, CO’s Real Estate Market
From single-family homes on multi-acre secluded lots to both new and older homes in established developments where neighbors easily communicate and collaborate for their community’s well-being, Whitewater has every young family’s dream home. While many of the homes on the market have at least 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, there are estates with all the room, space, and amenities even for multi-generational families to reside in harmony together.
Featured Neighborhoods in Whitewater
- Desert Vista
- Elk Run Estates
- Indian Creek Estates
You’ll Enjoy: Indoor and Outdoor Planned Activities
- Spin City is a unique and affordable gathering place for families where everyone can enjoy skating, bowling, trying their skills at laser tag, and even playing some arcade games.
- Not far from the center of town is the KidzPlex, Inc. ~ an awesome 32,000 square foot multi-purpose fitness facility for kids. For little ones 10 years and younger, there’s a soft indoor playground and a climbing facility. Parents can also sign up their little one for formal classes in a variety of specialties, including: Gymnastics, Dance, and Kindermusik ~ a fun way to help your child develop both confidence and self-discipline.
- When they’re not out scaling a mountain wall or honing their mountain biking skills, college kids home on break enjoy eating, drinking, and shooting pool and electronic darts at Bank 8 Billiards.
- There’s lots of organized community sports for both kids and adults to either watch or participate in, including: baseball, softball, pickleball, volleyball, and flag football.
Distinguished Schools in Whitewater
- Mesa View Elementary School | Grades K-5 | 2967 B Road
- Orcha Mesa Middle School | Grades 6 – 8 | 2736 C Road
- Central High School | Grades 9 – 12 | 550 Warrior Way
The three colleges in the area are: Colorado Mesa University, offering several four-year degree programs; Western Colorado Community College; and – for those seeking certificates as dental assistants, technicians, or a variety of other specialty fields, IntelliTec College.
Perfect For: Families
What better place to for children to grow up than in a community rich in natural beauty and replete with great schools and lots of organized events? It’s no wonder so many individuals who first discovered Whitewater during college or while wanting to work in the environment either returned to build their family and call Whitewater home, or never left once they were here.
Whitewater, CO Utilities
- City of Grand Junction | Water
- City of Grand Junction | Sewer
- City of Grand Junction | Trash
- City of Grand Junction | Irrigation Services
- AT&T | Phone
- Cabletv.com | Internet & Cable
The Workforce: Education & Entrepreneurs
Directly in the town of Whitewater there are lots of entrepreneurs – with internet businesses and/or the traditional brick-and-mortar structures. From convenience stores, auto repair services, and eateries to artsy-related businesses like the bracelet-making shop of Wildwood Design and the paper quilling business of Too Bad Dogs, Inc., Whitewater is filled with creative, motivated, and business-minded individuals. The majority of the workforce, however, is employed within 10 minutes from the center of town with the top industries being in: healthcare, agriculture, and tourism. The two biggest employers? Mesa County School District #51 and St. Mary’s Hospital & Medical Center. It’s no surprise that this community has been ranked #24 for “Best Small Places for Business and Careers” by Forbes.
Why Live Here: Outdoorsman’s Heaven on Earth
Whitewater’s a wonderful mix of an inviting, beautiful natural setting with lots of places to hike, bike, fish, explore, ski, and raft. Combine these traditional Colorado outdoor physical activities with lots of community events and family-friendly establishments, and you’ve found the perfect place to call home. Whether you’re looking for a traditional home with a yard and a porch where you can gather with your family, friends, and neighbors or you prefer some extra land to grow your own veggies and have your own piece of Heaven on earth, Whitewater is Colorado’s best kept secret.
- Grand Junction City 285
- Redlands 274
- North Grand Junction 243
- Fruita 236
- Orchard Mesa 209
- Se Grand Junction 152
- Ne Grand Junction 131
- Clifton 130
- Collbran/Mesa/Molina/Vega 130
- Nw Grand Junction 88
- Other Area 75
- Glade Park 57
- Mack 54
- Palisade 47
- Parachute 45
- Debeque 45
- Whitewater/Gateway 44
- Loma 43
- Delta 35
- North Fork 25